Often when starting a new business, applying for a grant or loan, one decides they must have business plan. Many may start a business without this unless an outside organization requires it. We recommend every business have a business plan to set goals and benchmarks as well as define the operations.
How to write a business plan is one of the most frequent request of our office! So let us take the stress off the how-to, with voice of experience and steps for your to follow.
The business plan should be a roadmap of your operations! This is a resources for the business to create their marketing plan and financial expectations.
Paris SBDC will provide a link to use Liveplan to our Paris SBDC clients, at no cost to help you get your business plan (to get this at no cost, you need to be a client and use a link we email you). Of course you can access Liveplan individually for a cost. (BTW, Lifeplan links to Quickbooks to help track your measurable goals after you start.) If you have poor internet connection, we can also email you a template to get you started.
Here is how we help:
- Access a sample business plan (alphabetical on SBDCNet) specific for an industry.
- Link to Liveplan so we can collaborate online for your business plan.
- Provide a workable template to guide you on your business plan (email us to request).
- We supply market research to support the objectives and identify key strategies. Market research is something most small businesses do not have readily accessible.
- We help with financial projections. How? We help you create a revenue model and detail expenses. Also, our center has access to industry market research to validate viability of estimates. Lenders need to know the projections are realistic. We can provide you an excel template to connect the pieces together, and our Liveplan subscription also assist in creating revenue projections, charts, and reports.
Learn about business plan templates with the SBA “Write Your Business Plan guide.